And it's not a feminist agenda. It's not a gay agenda.
It's all of those things.
It's a human agenda.
An agenda that says:
1. An energetic, sometimes boisterous girl.
2. An individual who dresses and sometimes behaves the way boys are expected to.
3. A girl or a woman or person who DGAF about definitions 1 and 2.
4. Someone who is utterly, completely, and unapologetically themselves, who is not afraid to stand up, stand out, be heard, be seen. On their terms.
5. A woman or a person who expresses and dresses themselves in a way that feels authentic to themselves without worrying about what other people might say.
6. A person who is damn okay with who they are.
7. Not a phase.
And any girl or woman or person
Who does their own thing
Dresses the way they want
Gets their hands dirty
And keeps their mind open
Was, is, and always will be a tomboy.
Fran + Naomi: A Tale of Two Tomboys
Fran & Naomi